A new Tuli-piece was made last week.
I did my best to capture some of the process.
I decided to finally make some Christmas cards this year.
Featuring this little elf.
Just painted another thing. I’m really into fairies now, after the last one with the bushes. And I also need to practice making shadows dark enough. Continue reading “Window Fairy – with a video!”
This was a big and intimidating project. And I got a bunch of “in progress”-pictures of it!
I made a new painting of Tuli (that’s their name now). I’ve always got lots of ideas for new paintings with them, but I easily get too occupied with my personal projects, and postpone other important stuff I have to do. So I have to hold myself back from manifesting every single idea that pops into my head. This one wasn’t really supposed to happen.
This month I tried to take on the monthly challenge from Doodlewash. It’s about painting 30 watercolours in 30 days, and there’s a list of prompts to follow.
Since we’re only in the middle of the month, you might have figured out that I didn’t make it through the challenge.
I haven’t given up on this project yet!
Currently I’m working on a layout, like what size the pages should be and if they should be filled with many small pictures or just a big one. And, I’m trying to find the right colours. That is really hard, because it’s supposed to take place at night, but I don’t want to make it too dark.
Of course, it’s not really possible to make a bright night scene unless most of it is filled with lamps or other lights (something I’ve had many arguments with clients about). But I still want to experiment to see just how bright I can make it and still have it obvious that it is night time.